Monday, October 15, 2012

A week to remember...

As of last Friday I weighed in at 200.7 lbs!  So close to being under 200 lbs!  That is 22.5 lbs in 2 months 3 weeks.  Not bad, especially knowing the fat loss is so much greater.  How do I know that?  Well, I can fit in my old jeans again which are loose and now the "you are looking great!" comments are pouring in.  I am now reaching that level where the fat loss is very obvious.  Before, it was a subtle change in my face and neck.  Now it is obviously melting away and I am so excited about it!

I am also excited that a close friend of mine is joining me for my morning workouts this week.  She has been curious to find what crossfit is about and has a ton of fitness experience; playing soccer for 35 years, yoga (hot yoga too), etc.  So I am can't wait to hear her impressions of crossfit.  I will be sure to share her experiences, because as much as I love using this blog to tell my story I also LOVE to hear other peoples stories.

Her first day crossfitting was a good WOD; 5 rounds of box jumps, deadlifts and pull-ups.  I am sure they will get even better as the week wears on.  Today I was so proud of her as she didn't try to get all crazy with the weights but instead took her time and eased into it.  I always recommend easing into crossfit for first timers because form is so important.  

Crossfit to me is like relearning your body.  Oh, you think you know your body...but there is so much more to it then you realize.  Even today, I still questioned my bodies ability.  For deadlifts, I almost went a lot lighter but finally decided to push myself to 135 lbs.  Surprisingly, I was able to complete the WOD at 135 lbs, but now that I look back I feel I could have done the prescribed weight of 155 lbs so I am a bit disappointed that I didn't go all the way.  Gotta learn how to turn off that "you can't do that" way of thinking sometimes and just give it a shot!  I am still proud of what I completed today and my body is definitely feeling the effects of the workout. Never thought I would love being the slightest bit sore, but I do I do I do.

What a great way to start off the week!  Stay posted this week for my 3 month measurement/weigh-in/pictures progress update!
Anna Dubya

http://www.knockout-crossfit.com/

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for my crossfit week Anna. It has been a challenging but fun week getting to workout with you.

    ReplyDelete