Friday, October 5, 2012

Breaking 20...

I am proud to announce that I have finally broken the 20 lb weight loss mark!  My weigh in today was 202! That is 21 lbs lost in 2 1/2 months.  Whoot whoot!  However, I know for a fact that there is a lot more fat loss then the numbers on the scale are showing me.  For instance, last week it appeared I gained a little more than a pound.  However, the pants that I was finally able to fit into again were loose to the point that I can almost take them off without unbuttoning them.  So I knew my progress was still on track.  

In a few weeks, I will have my final 3 month measurements done.  I am truly excited to see how far I have come in a matter of 3 months.  But even before I see the numbers, I am so proud of where I am today.  I have a new life, a new love of life, more energy and finally a desire to workout.  I completed 4 WODs this week so far, and even after getting 2 stitches in my head today, I totally pitched a fit thinking I might not be able to do my workout tomorrow. Yup, full on flaring my arms, whining "whyyyyyy?", then pouting.  Sometimes the inner child just breaks out without warning.  

Days I am proudest are those where I can do prescribed weights, even if I finish last.  When I get home and prepare for my shower, sometimes I hold up my shirt and think "awwww ya, look at that sweat!"  I am not much of a sweater, so when my shirt is soaked I get all happy because I feel like I really busted it out.  Sometimes even during my workout, I catch my reflection and admire my glistening arms and the muscles I can finally see at work as I lift, pull, press, etc.  It has been a long time since I have seen any type of toning in my body, so I can't help but admire the progress. Haha!

I continue to love my workouts.  Anytime anyone asks me about crossfit, I get super excited to tell them how much I love it and why.  It just means so much to me.  For the next two weeks, I have coworkers flying in for work.  They have expressed their interest in working out with me so I will be sure to share their stories with you all!  

Hitting the 20 lb bench mark and going strong,  
Anna Dubya

PS. I am still planning on working out tomorrow. Mwahahaha!

http://knockout-crossfit.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment