Friday, September 28, 2012

Never get discouraged...

Today was my weigh in, which I do every Friday.  The scale indicated that I gained a little more than a pound since last week. I was really pushing and hoping to be 20 pounds down by now (2 months + 1 week later), but it simply didn't happen.  I now weigh 205.8 which is a 17.4 pound difference in 2+ months.  Yet, the numbers on the scale have not disappointed or discouraged me.  There are many reasons why:

  1. Today we did wall climbs. For a big girl like myself, it seems very scary.  But I still did 7 (5 during the workout and 2 before just to see if I could do it.)  My stamina during burpees has also greatly improved, thanks to some advice from my crossfit family. 
  2. I am finally able to fit in a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to get around my waist for the past 7 months.  
  3. For the past 5 weeks, I have maintained my goal of 5 WODs per week.  Even adding an additional cardio class or 2, boosting me up to 7+ total workouts in a single week.
  4. I quit smoking! 
  5. I haven't had a drink of alcohol in 5 weeks.  (I would drink with friends on the weekends, but I wanted to give it up for a few months to see how much my body changed in doing so.)
My journey reaches a lot further than numbers on a scale.  I am beaming with pride with how far I have come.  I have 3 more weeks left before I am measured again and I don't plan on slowing down or allowing anything to distract me.  I love what I am becoming and I am so proud of where I am now.  Scale or no scale, I feel great!

"Ain't nothing' gonan break my stride
I'm running and I won't touch ground
Oh-no, I got to keep on movin'"

Anna Dubya

No comments:

Post a Comment