Friday, September 14, 2012

WODda ya know?

Weigh in today baby!  Today the scale displayed 205.3, giving me a total weight loss of 17.9 pounds in 8 weeks.  Giddiup!

Even with work being so nutso lately and me having to skip Wednesday all together, I was still able to do 5 WODs this week on top of trying out the Hardcore class (which was awesome btw!).  How did I accomplish that by Friday on top of skipping a day this week?  Well, Tuesday I did Harcore followed by a WOD and Thursday I did two WODs.  I didn't like that I had to skip Wednesday so I stayed after to make up for lost WOD time.  Basically I did Monday = WOD, Tuesday = Hardcore then WOD, Thursday = 2 days of WODs and Friday = WOD.  (5 WODs + 1 Hardcore class)

I feel great too!  Sure, I have a little "tenderness" in my arms and legs, but not enough to slow my weekend down even slightly.  I know our lives are constantly busy, some weeks more than others, but I remind myself that all I really need is one hour a day for me.  I am so proud of what I accomplished this week.  It beats sitting at home, watching TV, eating fast food and feeling depressed about what I look like.  Instead, I am focusing on something so much better...that feeling of "I did that".  No words to describe how great it feels when you are able to look back and see what you have accomplished instead of wishing what you could accomplish.  

Watching my fellow crossfitters beam with pride when finding out their max back squats says it all.  Finding out I can do more than I ever thought possible fills me with a smile from head to toe.  I was so proud that I was able to hit a 145lb max back squat.  When I first started, I could barely squat with a PVC pipe.  I highly recommend you track your progress because when you look back you will be amazed at how quickly your body changes gears, increases in stamina, weightloss, strength, sense of accomplishment, etc.  I am so grateful to have given crossfit a try, no matter how scary the crossfit games made it look.  Love it!

Well, WODda ya know....I DID THAT!  ;)
Anna Dubya

http://knockout-crossfit.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment