Saturday, September 8, 2012

The WODINATOR

I promised to do crossfit 5-days a week for the next 8 weeks and I intend to keep that promise.  Well, seeing that Monday was a holiday, that meant a Saturday WOD was in order.  Usually I never post the actual WOD but this was so epic that I had to share it:

Start with 75 wall balls
50 air squats
bear crawl for distance
40 jumping jacks
crab walk for distance
120 count flutter kicks
army crawl for distance
20 burpees
broad jump for distance
120 count mountain climbers
army crawl for distance
40 hollow rocks
crab walk for distance
50 push ups
bear crawl for distance
Finish with 75 wall balls 

When the instructor (who I now proclaim The WODINATOR) went over the WOD for which HE created, I laughed nervously just to keep from crying.  But alas, buzzard rang and we were off.  Lately I have been able to lift all the weights prescribed in each WOD, but my own body weight truly humbled me during this workout.

Did I want to puke, yes...multiple times (but oddly only when I worked out my honey boo boo belly).  Did I sweat, puh-lease, even my eye balls were sweating.  Did it hit at a cardio level, come on now...I was breathing so hard I could have filled 5 king size mattresses.  Did I feel it in my muscles, at this point even lifting a toothbrush would be a challenge.  Did I finish...HECK YA I DID!  

It took me roughly 53 minutes to finish, but you wouldn't believe how proud I am that I finished period.  I admit, the wall ball ending nearly defeated me.  But with 25 left to go, even The WODINATOR picked up a wall ball and finished with me.  It is always humbling and inspiring that someone else is willing to do it with you just to give you that extra push.  Even the hardcore instructor dropped down to finish my crab walk with me.  Sometimes I feel ashamed when they stop to help me because even then I am struggling just to keep up with them.  But there they are, by my side and I incredibly grateful for that.

All in all, incredible workout.  The fact I finished gives me a powerful feeling of absolute victory!

BTW - I was so exhausted when I finished my workout that when the WODINATOR went in to fist bump me, I high-fived his fist.  Awkward on most days, but I was a level 10 honey badger in that moment so I took it to the next level and wrapped my high five around his fist. Not enough purell in the world to reverse that awkward move.  

Have a great weekend my friends!
Anna Dubya 

No comments:

Post a Comment