Friday, November 16, 2012

Hero WODs in honor of Veterans Day

In honor of Veterans Day, this week was dedicated to our fallen hero's; Wittman, Moore, Murph, DT and Michael.  It was a true honor to be able to complete a WOD dedicated to a fallen hero of this nation during a week that is meant to remember and honor them.  Their WODs were no walk in the park either.  In fact, they all pretty much kicked my butt, deflated my ego and reminded me how hard our armed forces work everyday to stay in shape and conquer unimaginable challenges in order to keep this nation safe.  I salute you all!

Sadly I didn't get to exercise the Wittman WOD this week due to work but I know we will meet again.  However, I completed the other 4 WODs this week.  Yet, for some reason, my eyes are on Murph.  Murph challenges more than my body, he challenges my mind.  Well, I retract that statement because 2 days later I can barely walk, brush my teeth or put on pants.  Body is definitely challenged right now in a "ride the wal-mart electric shopping cart" kind of way.  I keed, I keed.  Stretch, stretch, warm shower, stretch, stretch, work it out.  That is my current motto.  

My weigh in today was 196.3, that is .5 lbs in 1 week.  That isn't much of a loss in a week and it seems lately my weight loss, at least scale wise, has slowed down.  It is very frustrating when you know what you put in your body and what you put into your workout, yet the weight loss is moving at a snails pace. Even so, my clothes are looser, my weights have increased (possibly building more muscle) and my WOD times are improving.  I try to remind myself all that because honestly that scale frustrates me.  It doesn't discourage me at all, but it certainly frustrates me.  Even so, here is a comparison picture to give you all a visual of where I was and where I am.  


All in all, it has been a great week once again!  Even more so that this week was dedicated to honoring Veteran's Day....crossfit style.  Looking forward to the next WOD.

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." John F. Kennedy

Anna Dubya
http://knockout-crossfit.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment