Friday, November 9, 2012

Lift ALL the weights!

When I first started crossfit and saw the prescribed weight, there were two thoughts that ran through my head "Oh heck no" or "Pshh, that's easy. Liiiiiiiift, ok, maybe not so easy."  (Depending on what the move was.)  Since those early days, I am surprising myself with every workout by rockin the prescribed status consecutively.  Even shooting for simple moves like guy push ups, less band on pull-ups and one day I WILL climb that frickin rope!  Last week, 4 WODs of prescribed weights.  This week, 3 WODs with prescribed weights.


There was one point in a WOD, which included 10 rounds, where I was up to round 4 thinking "I gotta drop weight!"  By round 6, that feeling intensified and I had no idea how I would finish with prescribed weight.  But I sucked it up and finished all 10 rounds prescribed.  Honestly, by round 7, I was getting really mad at myself for thinking of dropping weight when I have come all that way with prescribed. I was gonna finish prescribed, no matter what....and I did!  Boom!  (That was the sound of my weights crashing to the floor when I finished.)

Here is my bicep.  Do you see it?!  I see it!!  A little shadow is forming, proving I have a bicep.  Here, let me point it out for ya.  Oh, ya, the last arrow at the bottom....ignore that.  That is, um, part of my bicep that I am toning up.

For my weigh in today, I came in at 196.8 lbs.  That is .6 lbs less than last week.  I know, I know, not much difference, but I am getting more and more "you are looking skinnier" compliments lately.  I think I am gaining more muscle mass, which is also going to help me lose more weight, even when I am sleeping.  Looking forward to that!  

Lifting all the weights,
Anna Dubya
http://knockout-crossfit.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment