Friday, November 2, 2012

A week prescribed...

Weigh in today showed my weight at 197.4 lbs which brings me to a total loss of 25.8 lbs overall.  Whoot whoot! Very proud that I am still under 200 lbs, but even more proud that I was able to complete 4 out of 5 WODs this week with prescribed weight.  What is prescribed weight?  It is the amount of weight you are encouraged to use during your workout for movements involving weights.  Even if that means your own body weight, such as doing pull-ups (my kryptonite).

It took months before I could complete a WOD using prescribed weight.  This week.  4 WODs.  Prescribed  weight.  Done and done.  I won't lie, my soreness level was equivalent to week 2 of starting crossfit for the first time.  Woddling from room to room, dreading having to sit on a toilet, falling into bed instead of gently laying down, wishing I had an electric chair to take me up and down my stairs, etc.  So last night stretches, stretches and more stretches. I definitely need to stretch more after my workouts so I don't get this sore.  

How I normally stretch (as you see below) isn't exactly helpful:

My stretches last night (real stretches) really helped my workout this morning which was tough.  It was one of those workouts where you go, go, go, rest, go, go, go, rest, and so on.  The instructor tells you when to go and when to stop so we are all working out together and it is up to you to do as many reps as you can.  Hearing "GO!" was like the devilish sounds of a drill instructor but hearing "STOP!" was the sounds of the sweetest angel from the heavens above.  Ok, maybe that was just my take on it.  All in all, great and challenging workout as always.  Love it!

I wish you all the best weekend!  I am sure we all will, thanks to left over Halloween candy! Mwahahaha! ;-)

Anna Dubya
http://knockout-crossfit.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment