Monday, August 20, 2012

4 Weeks Later...

Last Friday I finished my fourth week of tracking and blogging my progress.  I completed the week with a weigh in of 211.9.  That is an 11.1 lb loss in 4 weeks!  Not too shabby.  I am sure the fat loss is higher then what the scale is telling me as I am also building muscle and my pants are a lot looser.  The loss is also visually obvious and I can't wait to share my progress in pictures, which I plan on doing week 6.  So excited I might not even be able to wait that long! hahaha!

In my four weeks, my body has thrown multiple curve balls at me but I have still rocked out a regular workout schedule; old shoulder and foot injury flare up and bronchitis.  Friday my plantar fasciitis decided to flare up while finishing up my jump ropes.  I immediately stopped what I was doing, informed the instructor and we changed tactics.  I still finished my WOD with an equally intense round of stepping onto a box instead of jump ropes.  This stretched my calf, worked my legs, and somehow massaged out the flare up!  I have to seriously thank my crossfit trainer, Carolyn, for showing me some great ways to respond to the flare up that prevented it from getting worse and relieved the pain from a level 7 to a 1 in less than 24 hours.  Without her guidance and expertise, I probably wouldn't be able to walk right now.  Instead, I was able to fully execute my WOD today pain/flare-up free!

I take full responsibility for these old injuries.  I mistreated my body for YEARS and I am finally now trying hard to repair that damage.  So it is understandable these minor issues will pop up every so often, but as long as I keep open communication with my trainer, they can be fixed.  Hopefully to a point that I never have to deal with them again!  In fact, I am learning better ways to deal with, prevent and repair these problems.  I never would have imagined a crossfit class would have been the one thing to teach me all these things.  Crossfit never fails to surprise me. 

I would like to dedicate this blog entry to the team at Knockout Crossfit.  I wouldn't be this far without the amazing leadership, knowledge and motivation they provide every day.  I am not just referring to the instructors but to my fellow crossfitters who also inspire me to go beyond what I thought were my limits.  A big congrats to the knockout team on their new location!  Today was my first WOD at the new location and it is hands-down amazing!  I can't wait to continue to attack more and more WODs there.  Congrats you guys!

Starting my 5th week of crossfit and lovin it!
Anna Dubya

http://www.knockout-crossfit.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment