Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Ain't gonna slow me down...

Ok, I admit, getting hit with bronchitis slowed me down a little bit but it did NOT stop me!  In fact, I was near tears when it hit me like a brick stuffed in a sock Wednesday night, realizing I would be quarantined from crossfit until I was healthier.  To top it off, I then found out Friday’s WOD was an obstacle course.  Come on, really?!   I very much wanted to do the obstacle course!  So, I popped pill after pill, rested and did everything in my power to try and get better for Friday but I only ended up getting worse.  Must have really ticked karma off somewhere along the way. 

It wasn’t until Saturday when I finally got on the right Rx and on the road to recovery.  Still feeling the effects yesterday, I wanted to test out my lungs and stamina before going to crossfit so I mowed the lawn.  It felt so good to finally be able to get some form of exercise, and my lungs happily agreed.  Read leader, I am a go for crossfit!

Today, I made my recovery debut and hit that WOD with open arms.  Hang cleans, pull ups and laps.  I felt weak, muscles like jelly, but as long as my lungs cooperated I knew I could keep pushing forward.  Wake those puppies up! In the midst of my workout, I realized I was jumping into my bad habit of taking long breaks.  I immediately corrected my behavior, redirected my focus in between sets and concentrated on executing quick 10 second breaks.  Keep those muscles warm Anna!

I admit, last lap I had an engaging coughing spell.  I guess my lungs were a little too excited over all the oxygen I was eagerly giving them.  But by then, I was already near the finish line so I easily finished.  It felt so good to be able to crossfit once again!  I could feel it everywhere, like my body was saying “Ahhh, I needed that!”  Even the amount of sweat I produced seemed excessive as if my body put it on reserve for my grand return.  I can’t begin to tell you how sad and depressed I felt that I wasn’t able to crossfit for 5 days.  Even whining to my doctor about it who has the same type of addiction with martial arts.  Still can’t believe how crossfit has changed me body and soul as I am a true testament for someone who once HATED to work out but now can’t get enough. 

Happy to be back!
Anna Dubya

http://knockout-crossfit.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment