Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A new found addiction...

I guess you could say I have become "hungry like the wolf" for crossfit.  This is shocking for me as I was never a lover of the gym and in fact despised working out.  When I would see an elliptical or treadmill, I would secretly pray they all had the "I'm broken" sign on them so I can leave with an "oh well, I tried."  Yet, now come Sunday nights, I am eager for Monday morning to arrive so I can get back to crossfit.  Seriously, who looks forward to Mondays?

Well, my new found addiction became clearer this weekend as I had to take a 3 day break due to some whining in my right shoulder.  Thinking now it might be a pinched nerve, I had to let it rest just to be sure as the last thing anyone wants is an injury.

Knowing I had to take a break, the first day I felt like I was being a slacker or like something was missing.  I have to admit, that is the first for me.  In the past I was finding excuses not to work out and if a holiday popped up where the gym was closed, WOOHOO!  Eagerly celebrating with a nap and some awesome TV time.  But being without crossfit, knowing I couldn't pump out a WOD for the next 3 days...my mind and body was having a total hissy.  Last week, we did a lot of leg work.  So you would think my legs would enjoy a break but it was the opposite.  When it came time for bed, I had this indescribable feeling in my leg muscles.  Like they were extremely restless, almost on the edge of cramping where even stretching didn't help.  So just to get them to chillax, I had to get out of bed and pump out a few air squats.  Yup, that really happened.  

A new week has begun and I once again get to participate in my new found addiction.  After my morning workout, I was able to sleep like a baby last night, which is huge improvement coming from someone who had pretty bad insomnia for the past 5+ years.  Now here it is Tuesday, 2 WOD's completed this week and looking forward to more.  Never imagined I would ever feel that way about any kind of workout!  Makes it easier for me to get my butt in gear and go.  

Indulging my crossfit needs,
Anna Dubya

http://knockout-crossfit.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment