Friday, August 3, 2012

A Humble Progress Report

Nearly two weeks ago I tipped the scales at 223 lbs. As of this morning, I weigh 215.7.   Yup, that is 7.3 lbs gone in under 2 weeks folks.  While I realize most of us pay attention to those lovely numbers on the scale, I remind myself that no matter what.....don't let them derail me.  Crossfit is not only helping me burn the fat, but is also building a lot of muscle.  Muscle weighs more than fat so try to ignore the numbers.  I admit, it is awesome when you see them drop, but it is even better when you feel your clothes getting looser.  


A lot of girls who ask me about crossfit assume the same thing, "Well, I don't want to build a bunch of muscle and end up looking like a man."  You won't.  It takes a lot more then 30-45 minutes of working out for a girl to get man size muscles.  Heck, look at the female members and instructors who have been doing crossfit for a long time.  They look great, in shape but not stacked with muscles.  


Picture time...



Remember that horrible picture I posted a few days ago?  That was 6 weeks ago and this is me as of Wednesday.  


Yup, that is my mastiff pup.  Nearly every picture was ruined that day with her "watcha doin" curiousity.  So I said, fuhgettaaboutit and went with this picture.
Here I am as of this morning, minus the dogs head.





Posting this side view was TOUGH!  Depressing to see the truth, but that is what I am working on changing.  If you want to join me in my journey and feel putting your pictures out there might help, feel free to send them my way and I will put them on my blog.  naseanna@gmail.com




Looking forward to where I am headed!


Anna Dubya

http://knockout-crossfit.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment