Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Won't you be my neighbor?

When I first started to crossfit, I found my eyes constantly wondering.  Floor, ceiling, weights, ceiling, floor, neighbor, and so on.  A few WODs in, I found if I stopped and stared at one spot while working out, my form was better and I was able to do more.  I still try to focus on a single spot during my WOD, but lately I find myself watching my crossfit neighbors. Ok, that doesn't sound right.  I'm not staring or approaching creepy girl levels or anything.  I'm just seeing their movements out of the corner of my eye and using that as a pace guide.  I figure now that my form is much improved and my stamina is getting better, increasing my pace will also help me get better and better.  I admit, I take a lot of mini breaks which is a habit I need to start reducing.  So what better way to focus on pace increase by trying keeping up with your crossfit neighbors?  Tactics. It is all about tactics.  

I said it before and I will say it again...the people at crossfit inspire me.  I arrive before even the sun shows up and am greeted with big smiles and someone that always makes me laugh.  I love the WODs, well, except burpees.  I believe burpees were introduced by torture enthusiast.  But even when burpees are a part of the WOD, I am still surprised as to how much I smile after and how excited/happy I feel.  Yet, even without effort, my crossfit neighbors inspire me to keep up the pace.  However, if you are just starting to crossfit I recommend you concentrate on form first. 

You never know...I might be trying to keep up with you.  In fact, if you are my crossfit neighbor during a WOD, the likelihood that I am side viewing your movements and trying to keep up with your pace is highly probable.  So...thanks ahead of time!  :-)

Anna Dubya

http://knockout-crossfit.com/

PS.  I must say, I feel so much better today then I did yesterday.  Yesterday, I struggled to get through the WOD.  I felt weak, exhausted, overheated and nauseated and that was within the first 7 minutes of my workout.  I pushed through it, but it was so frustrating and confusing feeling that way after doing crossfit for weeks now and feeling the complete opposite.  Needless to say, I had an "off" day.  For some reason, I felt I needed to increase my iron levels dramatically so I googled high iron foods and went to town; spinach, red meat, tuna and eggs.  That seemed to do the trick because today I felt my performance was excellent!  Prescribed weight, finishing in less than 25 minutes, very rare 2-3 second breaks, concentrating and awareness was high and stamina....I actually had stamina again.  Needless to say, diet is vital!

No comments:

Post a Comment